Ask the Roofing Expert – Greg Wilson
With the recent hail and wind damage to houses, building, trailers and vehicles. There are new contractors coming out of the wood work. Don’t be the home owner who has the contractor horror story. Because Joe Blow roofer offered you a really good deal or you saw how fast he was on your neighbours roof. In a perfect world this might work out alright. But in the real world here are some things to consider when choosing a roofing contractor.
- Are they local? A local contractor will generally work hard to exceed your
- How long have they been in business? You should choose an established
reputable contractor who has been licensed and insured for some time.
- How many employees do they have and do they have wcb coverage?
- Do they advertise? A reputable contractor will have continuous year round
advertising. Regardless if the work is seasonal or not.
- Ask for references. The best referral is a testimonial.
- Are you getting what you pay for? I’ve seen it before, a contractor will say you are
getting a 25 year shingle but will install a 15-20 year. Or they may not give you
proper underlayment or new hardware.
Get informed about your roof! Know your contractor!
Call your Expert® at The Roof Rider.